Digital PR Manager
We’re looking for a proactive, outgoing, creative Digital PR Manager to join the Outliers team and help develop PR campaigns that drive awareness and deliver impact for clients. We have a diverse portfolio of fast-growth brands delivering positive change in the world.
You’ll be at the heart of both client campaigns and also the agency, joining a new but growing team. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time in our growth, so you’ll have a big say not just in our success, but also in helping shape our future. Who knows, one day you could be leading the agency?
We’re based in London (Shoreditch) but have clients across the UK, Europe and the US so have a flexible working structure. We’re open to discussing options for remote working and part-time applications.
We regularly spend time working on-site with clients, learning about their businesses and coming up with unique solutions to their challenges. We’re not your average agency. We work with ambitious brands delivering positive change in the world. That means developing and delivering exciting, creative work that gets people talking, delivers impact and wins awards.
Sound good? Read on to find out more about the role or drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does good look like?
You’ll be responsible for managing campaign delivery from concept to content, developing creative and newsworthy campaigns, building journalist relationships and pitching stories that tap into and drive the news agenda.
You’ll have digital experience within the earned media space across business and consumer audiences, providing strategic advice to clients, developing campaigns and creating and managing content.
As the day-to-day creative lead, you’ll bring ideas to the table, combined with the skills to deliver them. You’ll use content marketing and impactful PR campaigns to improve organic ranking and increase organic traffic to websites and apps.
You’ll love to experiment with new and different ways of communicating stories, have a strong teamwork ethic and a burning desire to get brands talked about. You’ll be a media expert, monitoring publications and the news agenda to understand exactly what they and their readers are looking for.
You’ll work closely with the senior agency team and collaborate with clients to develop strategic campaigns that consumers, journalists, editors, influencers and bloggers love.
You’ll have creative flair, excellent communication and copywriting skills and be driven to deliver tangible outcomes for clients.
You’ll love writing press releases, researching and creating media lists and pitching to media. You’ll also understand and know how to leverage social media to amplify your campaigns.
You’ll want to work with brands on the edges of their respective industries, brands that see the world differently.
You’ll have a curiosity about the world, have a willingness to question the status quo and want to offer a different perspective on things.
You might have a degree, but we value all types of knowledge and experience. We’re looking for diverse people and diverse thinking. We’re looking for true Outliers.
What we need from you
- 2–3 years’ experience working in a digital PR or SEO outreach role
- An impressive portfolio of campaigns and coverage you have developed and secured
- A proactive, positive attitude and willingness to make things happen
- Excellent research and writing skills for articles and press releases
- Creative thinking and an ability to create unique stories and compelling campaign ideas that really stand out and attract coverage
- Experience across various verticals with both larger brands and small businesses
- Excellent communication skills for outreach and pitching (over email, phone, and in-person)
- Ability to analyse a company, product, content piece or raw data to find a story and news hook
- Be full of ideas about how to achieve coverage in a variety of media
- Great organisational and time-management skills
What we can offer you
- A competitive starting salary
- Rapid progression if you’re up to the challenge
- Fully flexible working. Seriously. Work from where you need to when you need to. We’re all adults.
- A ‘minimum holiday policy’ (to make sure you get enough R&R)
- A tech fund to get the latest kit so you can work as flexibly as you want
- A structured training and mentoring programme
- Pension scheme
- Employee share option scheme
- A personal wellbeing budget
Interested? Drop us a line at email@example.com.
A few things that we believe
We believe great organisations are driven by purpose, not just profit | we believe “it can’t be done” is a good reason to do it | we believe in working with brands that have a positive impact on society | we believe better brands build relationships not just transactions | we believe the best brands thrive through movements, not just campaigns | we believe creativity comes from curiosity about the world | we believe in thoughtfully designing every idea | we believe creativity isn’t linear and moments of magic can come from anyone, anywhere and anytime | we believe there is both an art and a science to what we do | we believe life is seriously fun | we believe communications is about talking honestly and emotively | we believe friends, colleagues and clients are all the same thing | we believe pictures, words, sounds and experiences can create wonderful feelings | we believe in asking the right questions | we believe everyone should get to work on things that make them happy | we believe in teamwork | we believe that typos aren’t acceptable | we believe honesty is always the best policy, especially if we’ve f*cked up | we believe people should work where they need to when they need to | we believe in the power of diverse culture, experience and thought | we believe in the power of equality | we believe music is the answer | we believe it’s always five-o-clock somewhere.